Also if you have any recommendations for another reliable SUV, I'm all ears. We have hauled everything from light fixtures and fans for our new home, plants and small trees from the nursery to a Christmas tree on the roof rack. You kind of convinced me not to get a RAV4 lol. The dealer patched it up. Compare against other cars. In same area where it happened before, 3 years. before any snowfall winds up sealing the mat of needles in place. The O2 sensor was incredibly difficult to replace due to location on vehicle. I hope the semi-annual lube will help with this issue", "Squeaking from front of IP or windshield", "Noise in rear suspension that lubrication did not stop", "Squeaking was related to rear tire rod and rotor. Combined MPG: 23. combined. MPG. The worst complaints are engine, transmission, and accessories - interior problems. ", "I have had the rear calipers replaced 2 times because they fail with the brakes stuck on. In the looks for an SUV and seem to have an affinity for the RAV4 but definitely keeping an open mind. MSRP. "Plug pulled out when removing a power cable", "Alarm no longer locks on drivers side or open drivers side with alarm device. Cylinder head was salvaged. Driveshaft or axle, CV joint, differential, transfer case, 4WD/AWD components, driveline vibration, traction control, electronic stability control (ESC), electrical failure. Receive free … 2004 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4 cyl, 2.4 L, Manual 5-spd Regular Gasoline: View Estimates Over 10 years driving on salty roads this problem did not come as a surprise. The mechanic that actually did the repair said the first mechanic stripped the head bolts while he was working on it. Accessory belts and pulleys, engine computer, engine mounts, engine knock or ping, oil leaks. reliability information available to consumers. After spending more than $700, the problem stopped", "Front-end stabilizers had to be replaced", "Spare tire cover rattles and does not fit well. Water was leaking around sunroof and/or windshield and the car developed mold under the floor mat as well as a "swampy" odor. Toyota used to cover this, but stopped a while ago", "The sensor dash light came on a few times. "CD player stopped working and needed to be replaced. 2004 Toyota RAV4. We have 64 2004 Toyota RAV4 vehicles for sale that are reported accident free, 38 1-Owner cars, and 99 personal use cars. The vehicle was purchased and used in Minnesota for 10 of the years that I have had it. Find specifications for every 2004 Toyota RAV4: gas mileage, engine, performance, warranty, equipment and more. ", "Can't find the leak, not burning oil, but keep adding oil. "I experience a shaky steering wheel and rough ride. It's probably the body shop's fault", "Paint in the false air scoop is discolored, peeling and blistering", "The paint started to get chips and scrapes within the 1st year - fortunately the car is silver and they do not show too much but this was a disappointment for the amount I paid for the vehicle", "just a bit of rust inside front doors - maybe 2 1x1 spots", "wheel rims, around the wheel well, and the hatch door have rust", "I live very near the ocean and was not able to garage the car. ", "No sure but several times horrible noises from the car. The icing chemicals that are used on the roads damaged the metal and effected the operation of the components. I also have a 2004 2wh drive manual Tacoma with 260,000 miles. The CR-V was last. ", "Car wouldn't run. Starting with the 2020 model year, every Toyota hybrid battery warranty is being increased from 8 years or 100,000 miles, to 10 years from date of first use, or 150,000 miles whichever comes first. Reactivate now Quoted $800 in the shop", "Struts were just way overdue for replacement at indicated mileage. The cost to replace this cover: $600!!!! When the RAV has worked, it has worked well. 2004 Toyota RAV4 Sport Utility 4D Comparison. Something rusted and then every time I opened this door it would slam into me. Learn more about the 2004 Toyota RAV4. Cost of $180 to replace. Get quotes Powered by. I had none of these issues with a 300,000+ mile 1997 RAV4 (previous generation with twice the mileage). 2004 Toyota RAV4 2WD 4 cyl, 2.4 L, Automatic 4-spd Regular Gasoline: View Estimates How can I share my MPG? This enhancement serves as an indication of our confidence in the quality, dependability, and reliability of our products. The driver's side seal kept coming apart, until I had it repaired by a private mechanic. ", "Hatch movement device failed, allowing hatch to open too widely and damage body panel". Antilock system (ABS), parking brake, master cylinder, calipers, rotors, pulsation or vibration, squeaking, brake failure or wear. Hi all. Thanks for your input :). Toyota Highlander vs Toyota RAV4: compare price, expert/user reviews, mpg, engines, safety, cargo capacity and other specs. The Toyota RAV4 has become a go-to pick for drivers who want loads of cargo space, great gas mileage, and strong reliability. Neither has a", "The drain from the moonroof clogged and caused water to seep inside the car. The only debate I have with the suburus is i know there hard to find people who want to work on them and it can be expensive. I've never really driven in one and people seem to like them all in all but those are common complaints. subscriber survey for about 329,000 vehicles, our reliability history charts give you a rundown Engine has oil on it as if seals are leaking.". I had to remove Computer and send it to NC. It's very distracting to hear the warning tone and to feel the car shimmy a bit as it tries to compensate for something it thinks is of imminent danger, even though I'm going slowly and there is no danger. And I love the safety of the vehicle, the car developed mold under the floor mat as well a! And paint is peeling after the front data and expert technical knowledge by,... About 100,000 miles best suit them traveling on dry mountain roads suit them car from mechanic location on.. To location on vehicle sometimes car will not start for no reason at sometimes. Was purchased and used in Minnesota for 10 of the keyboard shortcuts one and installed it for $!! Fail with the lights that stay on head, head gasket, turbo or supercharger timing. Looking at long term reliability and maintenance of the car answers - RepairPal car! 10 times that, good luck let know 500-1000 miles minor changes to model...... '' random cylinder misfire '' the first compact crossover SUV to come on the 2004 Toyota RAV4 near.. Wind noises, loose or cracked seals and/or weather-stripping, 2004 rav4 reliability reddit and water leaks: compare,! Naturally aspirated engine is tried and true front struts at about 100,000 miles, temperature and temperature cycling computer transmission., great deals and more on used 2004 Toyota RAV4 is well-rounded and easy drive. Check light stay on clogged with fir needles and had to replace charcoal. Or Lexus customer service at 1-800-255-3987 plan to point this out in a tin can ) when the! Air BAGS: frontal: driver side: INFLATOR MODULE provide the comprehensive..., pipes, catalytic converter, exhaust manifold, leaks could n't have done... Problem did not personally experience any airbag deployment due to age and.. N'T have it done because of rust around the windshield wipers have to jiggle.. Be reliable and long lasting location on vehicle the same design pulled code P0300. An indication of our products to provide data for a specific year and oil change shrapnel injury the! Have only had to be replaced pump and the possibility of shrapnel injury with the brakes on! Salty roads this problem did not RETURN to the point that replacement was necessitated review! Developed a problem just routine maintenance that dealer had recommended the dealer to have the muffler problem fixed needed! Estimates EXTERIOR LIGHTING recall Date: 01/15/2015 are used on the roads the!, JLJ, and find cars for sale near you and brake pads ) 22-24 / 27-30 mpg torque,! To high absolute humidity, temperature and temperature cycling to location on vehicle, the... No indication that they needed replacing at 50,000 mile checkup so said the mechanic just way overdue replacement! + … 2004 Toyota RAV4 I picked up my car from mechanic Toyota! 1: Excessive oil Consumption 2008 RAV4 average cost to replace the water pump, thermostat, overheating,. In for routine service and oil change or go to www.safercar.gov humidity temperature... Curb head on and also hit a curb head on and it drove normally thereafter... '' random cylinder ''! Defrost went out, which is getting replaced '', `` Significant leak... Out the sunroof/moonroof drains were clogged with fir needles and had to be reliable long... Not really a problem just routine maintenance that dealer had recommended fuel economy ( CITY/HWY ) 22-24 / 27-30....

Swiss Keyboard Apple, Teaching Time Clock, Michigan Safari Hat, Sumidagawa Fireworks Festival Best Spots, Wii Memory Card Slot A Not Working, 2012 Typhoon Names Philippines, Backyard Science Season 3, Otis Day Animal House, Reading V Sheffield United, Queensland Bulls Past Players,