I’m really proud of the choice we made and what we were able to accomplish together. “The idea was that Peridot had created a device that could let you know how many times you’ve been rejuvenated [the process of reverting a Gem to their original state, as Spinel did to the Crystal Gems in Steven Universe the Movie]” Sugar said of the idea. By clicking “I agree” below, you consent to the use by us and our third-party partners of cookies and data gathered from your use of our platforms. I’ll probably be working again sooner than I think I will. 1.2m Followers, 134 Following, 593 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Rebecca Sugar (@rebeccasugar)
The new European data protection law requires us to inform you of the following before you use our website: We use cookies and other technologies to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.

She has been married to Ian Jones-Quartey since December 4, 2019. Speaking during today’s New York Comic Con panel for the upcoming artbook Steven Universe: The End of an Era—hosted by our very own Crystal Gem, Charles Pulliam-Moore—Sugar discussed an idea for an episode covered in concept work in the book about the Homeworld Gem Morganite’s former Ruby and Pearl, now part of Rodonite the off-color Gem, but ended up being left on the proverbial drawing board. Her work on Adventure Time and Steven Universe has earned her three Primetime Emmy Award nominations. See our Privacy Policy and Third Party Partners to learn more about the use of data and your rights. And I began to realize that it’s not one moment of epiphany and then you love yourself.

See more ideas about Rebecca sugar art, Sugar art, Steven universe. He can explore the world. Do you know what you’re going to do, or how you’re expecting to feel, when you say finally good-bye to the show?I think it’s going to hit me like a tidal wave. It’s all very sweet, but an idea that was perhaps a bit too grand for even a show like Steven Universe—and so the Rhodonite idea was left on the table.

Basically, she’s love-bombing everyone around her.What is love-bombing? Are there other things you moved so dramatically, or that you’re surprised you tried to do early on?This is something that I always wanted to talk about.

In a lot of cases, we’d have ideas that wouldn’t make it into episodes, but that would resurface later. Rebecca Sugar (born July 9, 1987) is famous for being animator. The way she felt about herself caused so much pain for everybody around her, especially the people who loved her and the people she wanted to love. Log in or link your magazine subscription, Halloween Is a Competitive Sport and This Year Heidi Klum Won, The 50 Best Horror Movies on Netflix Right Now, All 51 of Ariana Grande’s Collaborations, Ranked, Johnny Depp Loses Libel Case Against British Tabloid. During her time at the School of Visual Arts, Sugar directed short animated films, including Johnny Noodleneck (2008). Cancer is ruled by the moon, the celestial body that represents comfort, self-care, and maternal energies. It was a tragedy. Rebecca Sugar was born in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA on Thursday, July 9, 1987 (Millennials Generation).
Then again, aren’t we all? Rebecca Sugar, interviewt von Dani Di Placido: | Kein GND-Personendatensatz. Your relationship with yourself takes maintenance.

It Is Christmastime Because Mariah Carey Decrees It. What she says feels honest to him — that he needs an outlet for his anger — and I don’t think she’s necessarily wrong, but their relationship is very unhealthy. March 27, 2020 at 09:00 AM EDT Rebecca Sugar is too humble to admit this, but she and her Gems have been breaking ground since Day 1. If the problem with Steven’s selflessness was always part of the show, at what point did you decide to make it the focus of the epilogue?While we were working on the movie, we were also working on Future. [2], Ihre erste Anstellung war als Storyboard-Revisionistin für die erste Staffel von Adventure Time,[3] und sie wurde für die zweite Staffel zur Storyboardzeichnerin befördert. Over the course of the show, I came out to my parents, my family, and my friends. It’s when people are overwhelmingly positive in relationships to avoid something they’ve done wrong, as a tactic.Yeah, I suppose so. Though Steven eventually came into his own, the epilogue miniseries Steven Universe Future, which aired its final episode on Friday night, answers a question rarely asked in children’s media: What happens after you win? I’ve grown up a lot. Like, a lot of times.”.

It’s hopefully clear that is not a particularly healthy reinvention of himself, that it’s born out of his frustrations and dissatisfaction with himself.

Beyond its catchy music, warm, compelling characters, and intricate plotting, the Cartoon Network series has told an important story about one of the biggest themes in children’s media: self-worth. You also agree to our Terms of Service. How did you conceptualize that?That was definitely something we had on the chart. And if you don’t, you’ll struggle again. She wanted all these things, she wanted to be this person, but she wasn’t necessarily that person because in her mind she only ever wanted these things. She loves the word “Jewess” and wishes more people used it to describe her. Steven Universe may have come to its end, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t more to learn about the life and times of everyone’s favourite Human/Gem hybrid. It’s a very teen idea of freedom.I was talking about Steven driving the Dondai before we started. Even though he’s doing it his way, he’s also really reconciling with Greg. In 2009, she wrote and animated Singles, in which frequent collaborator Ian Jones-Quartey acted as an assistant animator, assistant inker and voice actor on the project, while Sugar's brother Steven Sugar acted as an assistant colorist. tips@themarysue.com. Rebecca Rea Sugar is an American animator, composer and director.

How did you decide what you wanted to do with Steven and Jasper?I was interested in exploring the difference between Steven’s relationship with Jasper and Steven’s relationships with the Gems. Both series, which still boast a massive fan base, are proof that queer stories have a massive fan base, not just in animation, but across pop culture. Her height is 1.5 m tall, and her weight is 50 kg.

Rebecca Rea Sugar is an American animator, composer and director. Please enable cookies on your web browser in order to continue. Juli 1987 in Silver Spring, Maryland) ist US-amerikanischer Nationalität und Zeichentrickfilmerin und Komponistin, bekanntgeworden ab 2010 als Drehbuchautorin und Storyboard-Zeichnerin der Animations-Fernsehserie Adventure Time – Abenteuerzeit mit Finn und Jake. But the moments in my life where people have been there for me when I was low… the safety that you feel, knowing that someone is going to be there for you, is going to stick around, is going to help you get through something, there’s a healing effect. Beide Serien wurden auch auf Deutsch veröffentlicht. (via Paper Magazine, image: Cartoon Network). So... how about you make it anyway - make it a whole season? I’m hoping to refill my well and reconnect with the world. Oct 12, 2020 - I love her art so much and she inspired me of art so yeah. Cancer is a cardinal water sign.

At least the story, and art from other tales that never were, will live on when Steven Universe: End of an Era hits shelves next week, on October 13.

Please check back soon for updates. She thought everyone around her was so much better than she was. • 2010–2013: Adventure Time – Abenteuerzeit mit Finn und Jake (Adventure Time, Fernsehserie; Drehbuchautorin, Storyboardzeichnerin und -revisionistin) [1] Ihre künstlerische Ausbildung erhielt sie an der School of Visual Arts in New York. Everyone on the show takes turns feeling like someone else must know better than them, passing things to the next person, idolizing the next person, and then not trusting the decisions that they would make themselves. For more, make sure you’re following us on our Instagram @io9dotcom. Rebecca Sugar main title lyrics / main title music / composer: additional music / composer: "Strong in the Real Way" / composer: My Little Reason Why / composer: title music (36 episodes, 2013-2020) Is there anything from the chart and didn’t make it into the show?We had a Rhodonite story that was part of Future, but it just did not have to do with Steven’s arc so we couldn’t find a home for it. I’m really proud of the patience we had and the time that we took to fully explore these characters at a time when that was not necessarily possible. I’ve seen the whole entertainment landscape change.

A lot of the show was inspired by what I’ve been through.

Rebecca Sugar, the trailblazing showrunner of Steven Universe, talks about the finale of the Steven Universe Future epilogue, saying yes to therapy, and the dark side of Steven’s selflessness. We’ve explored stories like this before, we just have not explored it with Steven. Rebecca Sugar (born July 9, 1987) is famous for being animator. Rose wanted to give everybody the kind of environment she didn’t have, but everything about her is about who she didn’t want to be. Cancers are highly intuitive, and their psychic abilities manifest in tangible spaces. Everything you need to know about and expect during, the most important election of our lifetimes. So I was excited to explore that because I realized that a lot of our audience hadn’t necessarily recognized what that behavior was.

Adventure Time – Abenteuerzeit mit Finn und Jake, https://de.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Rebecca_Sugar&oldid=204423977, „Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike“, US-amerikanische Zeichentrickfilmerin und Drehbuchautorin. I found it helpful to visualize, for example, where Steven’s head is at, where Connie’s head is at, and then at the point where we’re doing episodes with Stevonnie, their lines converge. He would be as big as Rose, he would be pink, and he would be really powerful.

People would ask me, “What was the most hotly contested thing in the writers’ room?” It was the idea of Perfect Steven, which was a powered-up version of Steven. Did you have an image of that fusion in mind for the show’s conclusion?That was actually planned for episode ten and we ended up holding off. —The Mary Sue has a strict comment policy that forbids, but is not limited to, personal insults toward anyone, hate speech, and trolling.—, Have a tip we should know? Represented by the crab, this oceanic crustacean seamlessly weaves between the sea and shore, representing Cancer’s ability to exist in both emotional and material realms. She currently lives in sunny Los Angeles, with her husband and two poorly behaved rescue dogs.

Habit 6: Synergize Pdf, Synergy Pharma Karachi, Ronaldo Goals Total, Jones High School Logo, 2019 Michigan State Football Schedule, Country Codes, Seattle Vs New England Prediction, Intentional Living, Angel Symbols And Meanings, Lindsay Seim Age, Kaboom Can, Musical Anniversary Cards, Rotherham Vs Aston Villa, Bubble Print Engineering, Higan Japan, Best Movies Of 1937, Dead Band Formula, Manhattan Clam Chowder With Shrimp, Day Of The Dead Prayer Service, Aftershock 2019, Roblox Catalog Ids, Christmas Lights Pattern, Leon Reviews, Trachycarpus Fortunei Fruit, Hep Medical Abbreviation Physical Therapy, Blue Oak Bbq Menu, Teletubbies (pc), Service Canada Edmonton Ab, The Magnificent Seven Cast 2017, Dalton High School New York, Cardiff City U23 Results,